Recommended Reading

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

E W Kenyon - The Hidden Man (Affirmation)

Source : E W Kenyon And His Message Of Faith (page 243-244)

There are two types of affirmations that I wish you to notice. First, there is the affirmation with nothing behind it but my own will to make it good. It is based on a philosophy born of sense knowledge. That sense knowledge is a product of my own mind. If it be in regard to sin, I deny the existence of it. If it be regard to sickness, I deny the sickness has any existence. We see this in Christian Science.

All that I have to make these affirmations good is something that I am, or have, of myself. The Word of God has no place in this affirmation. I cannot say that greater am I than disease, or greater am I than this demand upon me, consequently, my affirmation becomes a failure.

The second type of affirmation is based on the Word of God.

You see the vast difference between an affirmation based upon your own will or philosophy and an affirmation backed up by God Himself.

The affirmations based upon sense knowledge philosophy have no more value or ability to make good than is in the will and mind of the maker of the affirmation.

But the affirmation that is based upon the living Word has God back of it to make it good.

E W Kenyon affirmed God's faithfulness in the face of all contrary circumstances. His affirmations were based on the character of God, the finished work of Christ and the promises of Scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment